Patients seeking admission to any of our programs can simply contact our intake/admissions team 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Our staff will be able to answer any questions that you may have and assist you in deciding on the best treatment option based upon your personal needs, and work with you on a free, confidential assessment. We accept most types of insurance, and if you ultimately decide Park Royal is not a fit for you, we will work with you and our contacts in the community to refer you to another program that may be more suited to your needs.
Adult Inpatient Admissions Criteria
Learn More About Our Admissions Criteria for Our Adult Inpatient Treatment
Park Royal’s guidelines for inpatient admissions are the following:
- Consistently demonstrates significant impairment that prohibits them from functioning in a less structured environment
- Demonstrates ability to participate in treatment and is able to actively work toward accomplishing these goals
- Able to participate in activities of daily living
- Criteria for Admission to Psychiatric Intensive Treatment Unit
- Consistently demonstrate severe impairment that prohibits them from functioning in a less structured environment (General Adult Program)
- Demonstrates significant psychosis resulting in insufficient insight, impulse control, and orientation to be an immediate danger to self or others
- Demonstrates significant confusion or unpredictability that has potential for serious harm to self or others
- Demonstrates a manageable combination of psychiatric/medical problems that requires an intensive level of staff supervision and assistance
- May be admitted on a Baker Act
Seniors / Geriatric Program Admissions Criteria
Learn More About Our Admissions Criteria for Our Seniors & Geriatric Inpatient Treatment
- Age 65 or older (younger patients may be considered on a case by case bases)
- Consistently demonstrate significant impairment that prohibits them from functioning in a less structured environment.
- Demonstrate potential ability to participate in treatment, in varying degrees, and are able to actively work toward accomplishing defined treatment goals.
- Able to assist in activities of daily living
- Must have a clearly defined psychiatric diagnosis
- May be admitted on a Baker Act
Co-Occurring Treatment Program Admissions Criteria
Learn More About the Criteria for Entering Treatment for Our Co-Occurring Program
Patient meets criteria of at least two of the following Six Dimensions, at least one of which is in Dimension 1, 2, 3.
- Dimension 1: Acute Intoxication and or Withdrawal Potential
- Dimension 2: Biomedical Conditions and Complications
- Dimension 3: Emotional, Behavioral, and Cognitive Conditions and Complications
- Dimension 4: Treatment Acceptance Resistance
- Dimension 5: Relapse or Continued Use Potential
- Dimension 6: Recovery Environment
- May be admitted on a Marchman Act
Assessing Your Treatment Needs
When you arrive at Park Royal Hospital, you will be assessed to determine your specific needs. Our compassionate, experienced staff will then create a plan of care that addresses your unique strengths and goals. We will tailor your plan for whatever mental health and/or addiction concerns you are experiencing.
Many patients who struggle with chemical dependence will begin treatment in our detox program (described below), and then transition into other levels of care. By providing a full spectrum of psychiatric and addiction services, we are able to seamlessly transition our patients throughout the continuum of care without an interruption in support.
Following our mission of offering specialized treatment for each of our patients’ needs, we have a number of special programs and levels of care.