Park Royal Hospital offers medically-assisted detox for individuals coming to us for treatment for alcohol abuse. Serving Fort Myers and the surrounding area, Park Royal provides a full continuum of care, giving holistic treatment for all who come through our doors.
The Importance of Detox Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
Even though having a drink every now and then is rarely a cause for concern, there are those who consume alcoholic beverages in excess and who experience a variety of negative effects as a result.
When beer, wine, or spirits like vodka, whiskey, or gin are ingested for a long period of time and in an amount that increases over time, the harm that can be done to an individual’s life can be quite impactful. In fact, the longer this form of substance abuse persists, the more likely a tolerance will develop and the probability of a person being unable to go about his or her day without drinking increases drastically. When this happens, what may have started out as casual drinking manifests into alcoholism, which is a disease that can’t be stopped without professional addiction treatment at a center for alcohol abuse that includes detox.
If you’ve developed a problem with alcohol, then you’re probably aware of how your addiction has affected your life. And while it may frequently seem as though this is how your life is going to be from here on out, know that you have options available to you. For example, you can make the courageous decision to get treatment at an alcohol addiction center that includes detoxification services so that you’re able to safely get through the beginning stages of recovery, learn and master the strategies needed to refrain from future alcohol abuse, and build a life that you can be both proud of and excited to live. Fortunately, Park Royal Hospital in Fort Myers, FL offers the high-quality alcohol addiction treatment and detox at our center where you can become sober and find health and wellness once more.
Benefits of Detox for Alcohol Addiction at Park Royal Hospital
Remaining addicted to alcohol can be a recipe for disaster if proper care isn’t sought. As you may know by now, problem drinking can ruin careers, family relationships, one’s physical health, one’s mental health, and the ability to enjoy a satisfying existence. However, when detoxification services, or detox, are accessed at an alcohol addiction treatment center, the following benefits can occur and set the stage for a successful recovery experience:
- Alcohol and other harmful substances of abuse can be cleared from your body during detox, which can not only improve your health, but can also release you from the physical dependence that forms when you’re grappling with alcoholism.
- Detox services are closely monitored by medical professionals who diligently monitor your health and wellness throughout your time in detox at an alcohol addiction treatment center. Because of this, your health is preserved, which allows you to transition successfully to the next phase of your recovery journey.
- You won’t have access to alcohol or other drugs while you’re in detox, so your risk of relapse is significantly decreased.
- All too often, alcohol withdrawal (the physical and psychological symptoms that emerge when you stop drinking) can cloud your judgment and prevent you from making strides towards becoming sober. But, when you engage in detox, you’re supported during withdrawal and benefit from the strength of your treatment team during this step in your care.
- If you experience a great deal of discomfort during the withdrawal process, the men and women treating you in detox at an alcohol addiction treatment center can administer medication or facilitate other interventions that can alleviate your strife.
- When comprehensive treatment that includes detox is received, you’re able to go from detox to the therapeutic portion of your treatment without a lag in time in between. This benefits you in such a way that you’re able to delve into the reasons why and how you came to struggle with an alcohol addiction, and do so with a clear mindset.
Partaking in addiction treatment that features detox is an experience like no other when you’re struggling with the abuse of alcohol. Considering the aforementioned benefits, it’s wise to start this sort of care as soon as you’re able. Because when you do, you’re taking the steps needed to form a future that supports a long and healthy life. Park Royal Hospital in Fort Myers, FL is proud to be one such option for alcohol addiction treatment that includes detox.
Why Choose Detox at Our Center in Fort Myers
Regular abuse of alcohol can leave you vulnerable to alcohol poisoning, which is better known as an overdose. This is but one detrimental effect that can have a long-lasting effect on your life when you do not seek professional care for your alcohol addiction at a treatment center that includes detox. Furthermore, the liver or other vital organs may become damaged, you may begin experiencing the symptoms of certain mental health conditions, and your ability to tend to your basic needs may also become compromised. However, when you begin treatment at an alcohol addiction center that includes detox as the first phase of your recovery experience, you can successfully avoid the long-term harm that alcoholism can inflict. By completing detox, you can begin to understand your addiction and yourself.
At Park Royal Hospital, we make it our mission to help you get through this difficult time in your life. Our Fort Meyers, Florida treatment center supplies alcohol detox, various therapeutic interventions, and the support of a dedicated staff who share in your ambition to help you build a healthier present and future. Here, at our alcohol addiction treatment and detox center, your body can be cleared of alcohol and other drugs, you can learn the skills you need to resist future temptations to abuse alcohol, and you can finally realize your own potential for becoming sober and reaching your goals.
Call us today. We look forward to having the privilege of providing you with compressive addiction treatment and detox and assisting you with in defeating your alcohol addiction once and for all.