Park Royal Hospital offers medically-assisted detox for individuals coming to us for treatment for meth abuse. Serving Fort Myers and the surrounding area, Park Royal provides a full continuum of care, giving holistic treatment for all who come through our doors.
The Importance of Detox Treatment for Meth Addiction
Brain changes, tooth decay, onset or worsening of mental health disorder symptoms, legal problems, and relationship disturbances are but a handful of the detrimental effects that can happen when you abuse methamphetamine. Commonly referred to as meth, this illicit substance is highly addictive and capable of spurring an addiction even after just a few uses. Once you have become ensnared in the vicious cycle of meth abuse, you may need professional treatment at a center for meth abuse that includes detox in order to break free.
If you’re someone who is battling a meth abuse problem and if you are thinking about getting help at a meth addiction treatment and detox center to become sober, know that seriously considering treatment is a good sign that you’re ready to leave the abuse of this drug in the past. However, the next step you must take to better your health and improve life is to enter a program that is prepared to offer you the resources, support, and services you need to become well again.
When you look into services that offer addiction treatment, it’s important to select meth addiction programs that supply well-rounded care that has helped others grappling with similar issues. For example, detoxification services may be a necessary part of your meth treatment experience at an addiction treatment center. This element of care can springboard you toward long-term healing from the effects of ongoing meth abuse.
Fortunately, Park Royal Hospital in Fort Myers, FL offers the high-quality meth addiction treatment and detox at our center where you can become sober and find health and wellness once more.
Benefits of Detox for Meth Addiction at Park Royal Hospital
Meth withdrawal is a distressing experience that can cause a person to quickly resume his or her abuse of this drug. Withdrawal is a process that signifies your body is trying to adjust to no longer having meth in its system. Meth withdrawal symptoms can include overwhelming cravings for meth, irritability, physical pain, depression, and anxiety.
However, when you start addiction treatment for meth abuse at a center that offers detoxification services, which is better known as detox, you can avoid relapse and reap the following life-changing benefits:
- While in detox, you won’t have access to meth or other drugs. Thus, resuming your use of meth won’t be an option for you and you’ll be able to continue working on your recovery without the risk of immediate relapse.
- A reputable detox program can ensure your safety during this step in your recovery from meth addiction. You may be given medications during detox to alleviate your discomfort during withdrawal, and you’ll always have support and care from dedicated medical professionals for the duration of your time in detox at a meth addiction treatment center.
- In addition to removing meth from your body, detox also clears your mind from the psychological effects of meth abuse. For many, and perhaps even you, figuring out where the next dose of meth is coming from and thinking about this drug can be all-consuming. However, since detox allows you to place your focus on your recovery and rebuilding your life, you can be successful in leaving meth abuse in the past where it belongs.
- Unlike when you attempt to stop the abuse of meth alone, you have not just the support of professionals while in detox, but also other men and women who are working towards a similar goal. This benefit of partaking in detox can give you a sense of belonging to a community of people who share your ambition of living a sober lifestyle.
Since many detox programs are rarely standalone services, you’ll be able to move on to therapeutic treatment when your time in detox comes to a close. Detox is but one step in the recovery process, which is why it’s so important for you to be able to seamlessly transition from a meth addiction treatment center to additional addiction treatment services once you’ve completed detox.
When you complete detox, you’ll be able to accomplish the following, which can certainly benefit you in the long-term:
- Understand what led you to the abuse of meth in the first place
- Learn about meth addiction and how this sort of problem develops
- Develop the skills needed to remain sober
- Enhance your confidence so that you can successfully resist temptation to abuse meth
- Avoid relapse and other substance abuse
- Establish the support you need to stick to your recovery goals
These advantages are directly related to receiving detox. Without partaking in a program at a meth addiction treatment center that includes this life-changing facet of care, you wouldn’t be able to progress in your recovery journey and come to know the sober life you deserve.
Why Choose Detox at Our Center in Fort Myers
If you’re ready to become part of a supportive and uplifting recovery community, we, at Park Royal Hospital, invite you to come to our Fort Meyers, Florida treatment center to free yourself from the grips of meth abuse. When you choose our meth addiction treatment and detox center as the place to start your recovery process, you’re making the conscious choice to make your present and future better. We are pleased to offer detox, various therapies, and the ongoing encouragement you need for your meth addiction at this crossroads in your life.
Make that important phone call today. Allow our team of dedicated professionals at our meth addiction treatment and detox center to guide you towards the sober existence that you’re after and help you be the victor in the war against meth addiction. We look forward to speaking with you.